My iPhone 7 Plus in Jet Black finally arrived last night. It’s my first Plus, and I’m still adjusting to its size. Here are some quick thoughts:
- Finish: man, Jet Black looks great. This phone looks about as close to one substance as you can get.
- Cameras: They’re great; I haven’t played with Portrait mode much yet, but it seems promising. I’ll post some photos once I’ve had some opportunity to work with this new camera.
- Speakers: definitely sound better
- Home button: I like it
- Taptic Engine: The bomb, making the phone feel even more interactive.
- Bluetooth audio: seems better; I have BluebudsX and the connection seems better than with 6S
- Battery: I’m testing it out today. I unplugged at 07:05 and am avoiding charging it like I would my 6S. But I’m also working it – reading, playing music wirelessly, everything.
Notes about Setup
- Software Update: the phone looks for iOS updates before restoring from iCloud. I liked this, but I can see why some might not.
- App download prioritization: You can 3D Touch an app on the homescreen during restore to get some options (Pause, Resume, Cancel and Prioritize download). That last one is fantastic.
- Apple Watch: I forgot to unpair from my 6S, but erasing and restoring from backup was fast. Thankfully the iCloud backup included a Watch backup.
Overall this seems like a solid upgrade.