I’ve lived in New Mexico a total of 11 years. The most recent 7 have been as an adult with a car. Yet, how much of my own state have I seen? Virtually none, and I live in the self-proclaimed “Land of Enchantment”! There are fantastic, unusual places to see here, most within a few hours of my home. Many could be visited within a few long weekends.
As a first step in exploring my own area, I want to set the goal of visiting the following places by the end of 2016.
- Tent Rocks National Monument
- Gila Cliff Dwellings & Catwalk
- Bandelier National Monument
- Ice Caves and Bandera Crater
- Apple Festival
- Cherry Festival
- Hatch Chile Festival
- Albuquerque during the Balloon Fiesta (without buying tickets or subjecting myself to the massive crowds and intense traffic the event brings).
I’ll share these experiences here as I work through them, and I hope to also share things from Las Cruces and the surrounding area. As you explore your own area, share it with me on Twitter, @scojjac.